Many historic points of interest, as well as current projects can be found in the State Forest Land surrounding Mt. Davis.
Observation tower and information plaques at the highest point in Pennsylvania.
Mt. Davis Picnic Area
Constructed by the CCC in the 1930's, this beautiful area contains water, rest rooms, picnic tables, charcoal grills, and a shelter.
CCC Camp 97
Remnants of the CCC camp can be found in what is now the Forest Foreman Headquarters on South Wolf Rock Road.
High Point Lake Vista
In 1989 an eagle scout constructed a view platform of the lake along South Wolf Rock Road.
A tar kiln, located west of the High Point, was operated by an escaped slave until 1835. The kiln was built on top of a rock that had a depression on the top, with a trough hollowed out. Pitch pine knots were placed in the kiln, and heated until the pine tar ran out into the depression and along the trough to the container. The pine "tar" was used as a lubricant for wagon axles, marking sheep, and as a cure for distemper.
These rocks are located near the intersection of SR2004 and South Wolf Rock Road.